Want some hands-on experience in online media? Are you passionate about Web 2.0? Have you ever dreamed of working for a start-up? Do you love going out in the city?
OurFaves is a revolutionary new platform that allows people to share and discover the best of the city (starting with Toronto) according to their friends and the people whose opinions matter to them. OurFaves is a fully-funded start-up that is incubated in Torstar Digital, a leading interactive media company in Canada with high-profile properties like workopolis.com, thestar.com, and toronto.com.
We are looking for summer interns to assist with a variety of projects, including:
- creating great content and getting the word out about OurFaves
- editing local business listing address info and categories
- monitoring site activity and traffic, analyzing reports
- creating e-mail newsletters
- brainstorming marketing ideas
- helping to set up events
- other tasks depending on your skills/areas of interest
These positions are suited to students in media/communications, marketing, or library science who are friendly, social, and know the city’s hot spots.
If you are interested in becoming an intern, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, this is an unpaid internship, but a stellar letter of recommendation, the opportunity to work around your own schedule and many fun perks are available.