We are looking for a Lead Web 2.0 Developer…
Are you an expert coder who thrives on being on the leading edge? Have you ever dreamed of working in a start-up, yet wanted the security of being fully funded? Are you passionate about Web 2.0 and love working in a fast-paced environment?
OurFaves is a revolutionary new platform that allows people to share and discover the best of the city (starting with Toronto) according to their friends and the people whose opinions matter to them. OurFaves is a fully-funded start-up that is incubated in Torstar Digital, a leading interactive media company in Canada with high-profile properties like workopolis.com, thestar.com, and toronto.com.
Recently launched in open beta, OurFaves is receiving great media attention and is experiencing tremendous growth. We are looking for a Lead Web 2.0 Developer to drive the development of new features & functionality as we take our site to the next level and expand across North America.
As a core member of the small start-up team, and reporting to the GM, you would be responsible for leading the technical development of OurFaves. You would initiate new features, architect and implement their solutions. A large part of this role involves integrating with other applications through third-party API’s.
* BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent
* 3+ years experience developing interactive, dynamic, data-driven websites (experience with community-based websites a plus)
* In-depth knowledge of object-oriented and service-oriented architecture principles in n-tier architectures
* In-depth knowledge of Web 2.0 technologies and applications (AJAX, RSS, third-party APIs)
* Strong knowledge of XML, HTML, CSS, DHTML, server side scripting languages (e.g. ASP, PHP)
If you are interested in this position, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com.